There are usually great things happening in the area so please visit the Hepburn Shire Calendar of Events.
- Have a great breakfast in one of the many cafes nearby or order our scrumcious breaky when you book.
- Art and writer’s studio available. It is north facing, has a Ned Kelly wood burner, ceiling fans, easels, table and chairs and a couch. Bring all other equipment you may need.
- Great Dividing Trail walk and other walks straight from our gate.
- Hire a mountain bike and enjoy some of the great rides straight from our gate.
- Massage and pampering treatments.
- Daylesford & Hepburn Springs restaurants and shopping.
- Have a special dinner at famous Lakehouse
- Visit Lavandula famous for its beautiful lavendar fields and gardens.
- The Chocolate Mill is just down the road!
- House concerts at our property (contact us for details)
- Do a sourdough bread making course at The Red Beard Bakery in Trentham. www.redbeardbakery.com.au/
Bocconcini Cafe – 59/61 Vincent Street, Daylesford. Ph. 5348 4555. Great little place for breakfast and lunch and for deli food for your picnic hamper or antipasto platter to enjoy on the patio at The Hide.
If you like live music see who’s on at The Palais in Hepburn Springs – less than 7 minutes drive from The Hide. www.thepalais.com.au or Horvat’s Wine Bar in Daylesford.
Glenlyon General Store is worth a visit for breaky or lunch and if you want to pick up something to cook up at The Hide they have a good variety of house cooked dishes like soups and curries.
Friday Night dining – If you plan on eating out on Friday or Saturday night make sure you book one of the restaurants in town. If you are arriving late Friday night be aware that most kitchens close between 8.30 and 9.00pm depending on how busy they are. We are happy to make some suggestions. Daylesford restaurants, cafes & wineries – Travel Victoria: accommodation & visitor guide is a list of restaurants in Daylesford.
Check out some great videos on Youtube about the Daylesford & Hepburn Region.
http://youtu.be/wOtOvqPPYNc – the story behind the “Lead a Double Life ” Ad.
http://youtu.be/qr-B04_Ew3o – a daytrip to Daylesford
http://youtu.be/JRW081I6nns – walks as seen on Coxy’s Big Break
http://youtu.be/p0gsM7U8ueg – Daylesford Macedon Produce Week